Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
has for sale, trade, barter:
- old Macs, computer books, clothes
Ben S. Knowles, GSEC, GCIH, LPIC-1 (adric) is a technologist and researcher in the Atlanta, Georgia, USA area. In high school, he competed at the national level in Constitutional Law. He is a professional computer security consultant and system integrator and is certified as a Linux system administrator, incident handler, and black box software tester.
Ben has lectured lower division Mass Communications, Political Science, and Computer Technology classes on Digital Media and Intellectual Property Law and has taught basic computer repair, networking, and information security classes. Currently he is a security system administrator on the incident response team at the Atlanta office of a global IT services firm.
or maybe the LJ blurb
Adric spends a great deal of time shoving interesting looking things into his neural net to see what insights the resulting overloads might bring. That and sleeping take up more time than he has available. He is the exception which proves the rule that all geeks who know anything about computers have been made wealthy by recent events, as nearly flat broke. He determinedly geeks about things other than computers, including ethics, religions, cosmology, eschatology, science fiction, and is registered as a disgruntled former comic book collector. If he studies hard and doesn't give up, he may grow up to be vidicon in ten years or so.
Can't be idle, don't want to be bored.
can be reached:
- Journal on LJ
- email:adric adric dot net
- IM: adric jabber org (Jabber)
- resume in HTML, PDF
- some blurbs
- My card
- computer security
- computer networks
- pre-purchase decisions on technology
- general tutoring and test preparation
- copy editing and fact checking for non-fiction
- critical editing and reviewing of fiction, poetry
- OLPC, XO, and g1g1
- GNU Maxima math engine mpkgs?
- Danger Hiptops
- HiveMinder Pro
- Ubuntu Linux
- GnuPG, PGPi, PGP
- Jabber, zFone, OTR
- Thawte, CACert Email Certificates
- the BeOS, Inferno
- OpenSSL, GnuTLS, and OpenSSH
- Freenet, IIP
- Scott McCloud's books: Understanding Comics and Reinventing Comics
- How to Disappear Completely by Myke Bartlett
- Voices: New Media Fiction by Mur Lafferty (editor)
- How to Succeed in Evil - Volume One by Patrick McLean
- Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow
- One Among The Sleepless by MIke Bennett
- The Failed Cities Monologues by Matt Wallace
- Sonic Fiction by Jeff Kafer (Editor)
is studying or wants to study:
- computer security
- human languages
- computer languages
- less obvious technologies, like magic
- Computer and Network Technologies
- Linux and UNIX Administration
- Digital Media and Intellectual Property Law
- Computer Security
- Linux Admin
- junior college graduate
- Thawte, CACert PKI Notary
- System Administrator
- Linux Trainer
- a hacker
- a cypherpunk
- a Debian Developer